Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color




On a recent shopping trip I picked up my first ever Bobbi Brown lipstick (first ever? I know right) And it's safe to say I absolutely fell in love with it/all of them. The shade I originally wanted was called Hibiscus, and I also liked the look of Soft Coral but for a nice every day sheer wash of colour, Peachy was my pick. The shade is pretty much self explanatory, it's a warm soft pink with a very peachy hue to it. I would say in the stick it looks darker than it is on the lips. It also has the tiniest bit of shimmer running through it - not enough to be old lady lips though - it just adds to the glossy effect. 

The formula is nice, it could be creamier for my personal liking but it does give a nice light sheer application of colour. It doesn't feel thick or tacky, the shape of the lipstick helps you apply it on the go as it's rounded off much like the YSL Rouge Veloupte Shine lipsticks. You don't need a mirror to wack this on so it's an easy handbag favourite. The packaging is classically Bobbi, chic and black which is what I like from my packaging - fuss and gimmick free. There are many varieties of lipstick and many shades that the brand offers so I will definitely be going back and trying more. 

I love this sheer kind of colour when I want a minimal makeup look or when I want a tiny bit of colour if I'm gong heavier on the eyes. Sheer lipsticks are a favourite sort of formula for me as I don't often like to look 'too done up' and this shade is perfect for enhancing my natural lip colour, making it that bit Peachier, as the name would suggest. I find the Bobbi Brown range to be nourishing and fairly pigmented for a sheer kind of lipstick, they aren't as glossy as a Revlon Lip Butter but last a lot longer, I'd say that the lip butters feel stickier to wear. Lipsticks that are similar in formula that get a thumbs up from me are the Lancome L'Absolue Nu range, the YSL Sheer range and the Sheer and Stickgloss ranges from Laura Mercier. 

I will be sure to pick up more of these on my next trip to a Bobbi Brown counter! It's the sort of lipstick you can't go wrong with and a purchase I do not regret one bit. I'm also interested in doing one of their 10 Steps makeup lessons - anyone ever given one of those a go? 

-Emma xx

9 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely stunning! I'm yet to try some bobbi brown product but their lipsticks look like a good place to start. Lovely review! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a pretty and easy colour to wear, I love it! xx

      Delete
  2. That color suits you really well. I've never tried Bobbi Brown! I think because it's the counter right across from MAC at my mall, so I always ignore it haha definitely going to stop next time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, poor Bobbi being neglected! They have some beauiful things - pot rouge cheek colours, shimmer bricks, long wear even finish foundation and their concealers are all things I'd definitely say to check out! xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check them out when I go shopping today.. if I don't spend my entire life's savings at sephora haha

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely colour perfect for everyday wear which justifies spending just a little bit more!

    www.littlepieceofbeauty.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried Bobbi Brown lipsticks but now I really want to! This is such a beautiful shade, perfect for an everyday wear! :)) Great post hun!

    I am running an International Giveaway on my blog now, and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win some YSL, Chanel and Essie products! <3

    Andrea,
    RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a beautiful everyday color!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the color, nice blog
    http://exitwonds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete