Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Clarins Haulin'



This month I had a makeup wish list that I was all set and ready to indulge in. But then my skin got bad, and I'm talking real bad. I got the buzz about skincare and the quest for as-perfect-as-physically-possible skin is not one I ever pause on. I had never tried anything from Clarins apart from the exfoliating toner which I love, and being the number 1 brand in the world for skincare and used by the Queen herself I didn't think I could go wrong. I knew that Clarins were on gift in Boots, firstly they had a £10 worth of points offer with any two purchases. The second week the same deal also incorporated a gift with purchase which was a choice of three products to try. Before you all raise your eyebrows at me, I did not purchase this all at once. Tactical buying meant £20 worth of points and some nice freebies which I was of course very happy about. Expect reviews appearing on the blog in the near future, once I've felt I've really settled in to having the new products in my regimen.

On to the products. My first purchase was a repurchase of the Gentle Exfoliating Brightening Toner, I cannot live without this stuff. A review will be on it's way later on in the week because I've given this a good few months to work it's magic and it's love. I also bought along with that the Gentle Peeling Smooth Away Cream. I've used this once and so far so good, softer smoother skin is always my goal and I was after the perfect mask-type product to help me get that.

On my next trip I bought the Pure Melt Cleansing Gel - I'd been given a sample of this on my first trip, I'd been wanting to try it and I don't think I'll be looking back. It's the perfect first step in my double cleanse regimen and I looooove it. With that many o's, yes. To get the points I said I wasn't really happy with any moisturisers I've tried, I was recommended the Daily Energizer Cream which is actually more like a cream/gel consistency. Probably running a common theme here but I'm also very happy with that so far. My freebies of choice were; the Beauty Flash Balm - always wanted to try this, the Water Purify One Step Cleanser - need to read up a bit about this, and the One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser - my colleague said this broke her out so I'm a Wary Wendy about trying this!

The lovely Clarins staff very kindly sent me away with tonnes of samples to try too. They literally have millions of mini's hidden in their counter drawers so if you are genuinely interested in trying something from them, ask about it and how the product works and more than likely they'll have a sample size they will let you try. Don't just say 'You got any free stuff or samples I can have' though, it's kind of rude and consultants hate that (trust me!) 

All in all a good little skincare haul. I don't want to think about the cost, you can do the googling yourself but I do think it's money well spent in the long run as I won't be running out of anything for a while. I will keep you posted on how I get on with these things!

-Emma xx

4 comments:

  1. I hate when my skin gets all bad for no reason :( If you're dealing with break outs you neeeeed Origins Super Spot Remover. It is so so magical. Put it on a spot a few times and it is almost gone! Worth the $15 for the tiny bottle. I also nominated you for the Liebster Award. See my blog post about as to what to do :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing skin care haul, I love Clarins! Especially their Pure Melt Cleansing Gel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great! would you like to follow each other in gfc and bloglovin? let me know!http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow lots of lovely goodies here :)
    Clarins is such a great brand!
    I enjoyed this post, you have a lovely blog!

    Natasha Carly x
    Pretty Little Lives

    ReplyDelete