Sunday, 12 May 2013

Face of the (Other) Day



This look is from last week - I had to add this in as I've recently had my hair lightened and didn't want to confuse any real-life friends of mine! I've been slow on the blogging front as the boy and I are currently house hunting which is proving to be quite stressful!

Anyway, this particular morning consisted of a driving lesson, planning an event for my counter at work and a run, an abdominal workout and a dog walk all in one. So you can imagine when it came to showering and getting ready after a particularly sweaty and busy morning that I put a little effort into my makeup. I still went for a minimal look because if I remember correctly the prospects of that particular evening didn't look too exciting. I'm trialling Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua here and this is probably the second or third time I had worn it since receiving the sample. My skin wasn't fab that week but this foundation evens the tone nicely and gives me a nice glow. I really like this finish of this and it photographs well, it's very natural but flawless but I'm undecided whether to purchase the full size. I concealed my blemishes with my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer (review coming soon) and applied just a touch of my Clarins Bronzing Duo with my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nectar - this is a combination I've been loving so much recently. For the eyes I used Vanilla pigment from Mac with Buck from my Naked Palette as I wanted a fuss free look, I added Lancome Hypnose Macara and filled in the brows which I think look a little too heavy here with my Nyx Cake Powder for brows. On my lips here is a slick of Laura Mercier's Creme Smooth Lipstick in Pink Pout, a lipstick that has truly made me fall in love with the range and itching to buy more shades!

What do you think of this simple yet still 'done' sort of look, do you ever do anything similar? 

-Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment