Friday, 3 May 2013

Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Fire Glow


This was part of my little splurge last week in House of Fraser. I saw it and before I'd had any chance to think rationally I'd told the MUA to get me one. Fire Glow is part of the Folk Lore collection that Laura Mercier are cuurently selling - I think the whole collection is really pretty. 

Fire Glow is such a pretty warm copper colour and I think it really makes blue eyes pop just that little bit more! It's absolutely stunning and looks beautiful when other makeup is minimised so it can stand out a little. By that I mean don't over-do anything else on the face, just a little slick of pink gloss on lips and not too much colour on the cheeks but really build up the colour like in my picture - this requires about 3 layers or 3 goes on application. That's how I have been wearing it since I've bought it but I do think when the colour is built up like in my swatch and demonstration it is difficult to wear during the day as it's so bright. However when I use a fluffy brush and don't layer up the colour by just applying the once it just gives a lovely wash and warms up any eye look which a lot easier to wear in the day one wash doesn't come off as orange on the skin as in my picture. 

Fire Glow would suit a variety of skin colours, as it would illuminate a black skin and look lovely when built up to full opacity. On a pale person like myself just a wash of it is all you need for a bit of a glow. It will be lovely for Summer and for when my skin has a little bit more of a tan. This shadow was £18.50 although I was in on a day where there was 10% off (definitely unlike me in terms of 'luck'!) 

The formula is lovely and soft and I don't find any fall out or flakiness upon application. If the warm copper shade isn't for you there is also a beautiful gold and a chocolate brown in the collection too!

-Emma xx

2 comments:

  1. Love the color!

    A visit or follow would be nice

    Danica Stark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. I think I need some Laura in my life. A gold you say... x

    ReplyDelete