Sunday, 12 May 2013

Topshop Eye Crayons

I'm very much enjoying wearing cream shadows at the minute and these TopShop Eye Crayons are no different - they're something I've been enjoying using for a while now. Although I do tend to turn to more high end brands for my makeup picks these days, the Topshop makeup line always seems to be something I wander over to whilst shopping!




The TopShop Eye Crayons apply with a pretty impressive colour pay off - I was pleasantly surprised from a brand that is better known for their clothing rather than cosmetics. I particularly like Marble all over the lid, and I find Rust to be a gorgeous shade for bringing out blue eyes as it's the perfect warm bronze colour for Spring/Summer. I have the gold shade too (God knows why I thought I needed to buy three?) and although I like the gold one, it's my least favourite on me personally as it's quite a bright yellowy gold (It still looks pretty as a base for Urban Decay's Half Baked though for example) With these you can use them as a base for powder eyeshadow to sit on top of (a great way to increase colour intensity and longevity) or you can wear them alone and they do last a good 6 hours or so before they start to disappear.

Unfortunately you have to sharpen these which means any other lazybones out there in the club may know what I mean when you feel like you're scratching your eyes out because you can't be bothered to find a sharpener. Sharpening also obviously means you're missing out on some product which is wasteful and a shame. One thing I do like about Topshop makeup is the packaging, dispite the fact it does tend to get grubby it is quite cute and doesn't look cheap like other inexpensive brands can.

So 'how do they compare to my Clinique Chubby Stick Tint for Eyes' is the killer question here. I will say they put up a good fight - you have good pigmentation, but they aren't as smooth in application as Clinique's. And they do last on the lids, a little less longer than Clinique's. The shade range isn't as extensive and the formula isn't as easy to blend or as creamy but when you're paying a fraction of the price then that makes sense. As you sharpen them you lose product but you also get a pointed nib which some people might find easier to use than Clinique's Chubby Sticks round ended nibs. They do tend to crease a little more but overall if you didn't want to pay the price tag of a Chubby Stick, which I personally prefer, and wanted to try a cream shadow pencil then definitely I'd recommend these.

Next on my cream shadow hitlist are the Bobbi Brown creamy pencils along with the Jouer ones. Both look like something I would enjoy using.

-Emma xx

5 comments:

  1. We are bad for each other Em, I think we should cut all ties before be both end up in deep, deep poverty. I now need Topshop, Clinique AND Jour. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's getting worse too, the more you blog the more I buy! Ah!

      Delete
  2. These look so lovely! Wish there was a Topshop near me!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can order online?! They are nice but lots of alternatives if you can't get them :) nice blog xx

      Delete
  3. Love these colours, I can imagine them looking so good on!

    Yinyin at Yinyinloves xx

    ReplyDelete